1st Hardware Security Conference
Edition #3. September 21, 22 – The Hague, Netherlands
Pune, India & The Hague, Netherlands – Hardwear.io is an international conference that gathers best security researchers, IT professionals, entrepreneurs and leading industries, proactively focussing on Hardware Security and Internet of Things issues.
This year again Hardwear.io is supported by EUROPOL, European Cyber Crime Center (EC3) and The European Commission.
While around 80 billion of connected objects will be in circulation in the world in 2020, there is still no consensus on how to implement security in connected devices. To help face the massive challenges, Hardwear.io will present an exclusive content on hardware hacking science and IoT flood impact, with the latest research and attack skills from the international hacker community.
The program is focused on deep hardware, IoT, and firmware security both from offensive as well as defensive perspective.
– Challenging real-world targets: from iPhone to insulin pump
by Dr. Sergei P. Skorobogatov – University of Cambridge
– Hardware Trojans & the Internet of Things,
by Dr. Christof Paar – University of Ruhr University Bochum, co-founder ESCRYPT
– Hack your body, one implant at time
by Patrick Paumen, co-founder of Hackerspace ACKspace, The Netherlands
– Hardware Root of Mistrust by Joe FitzPatrick
– Latest Metasploit Hardware Bridge Techniques by Craig Smith
– Flip a bit, grab a key: symbolic execution edition by Jasper van Woudenberg
– Reverse Engineering of Programmable Logic Bitstreams by Andrew Zonenberg
– KERNELFAULT: Pwning Linux using Hardware Fault Injection by Niek Timmers & Cristofaro Mune
– A little review of security challenges in Silicon Photonics integrated circuits by Alexander Bolshev
– To Guess Wrong is Expensive: A Deduce & Remove Attack on Blinded Scalar Multiplication with Asynchronous perf-ioctl Calls by Sarani Bhattacharya
Workshops & Villages
Black Box Debugging of Embedded Industrial Control Systems
will be held before the two days of conference, from September 19 and 20, with highly knowledgeable speakers:
– IC Reverse Engineering by Olivier Thomas
– Low-Level Hardware Reversing by Javier-Vazquez Vidal & Ferdinand
– Applied Physical Attacks on x86 Systems by Joseph FitzPatrick
– Car Hacking – Hands On by Robert Leale *New
–Tiny embedded systems firmware reverse engineering and exploitation by Alexander Bolshev *New
Want to break hardware, join us for the First Hardwear.io CTF: http://hardwear.io/ctf.php *New
Europol, European Commission, CESIN (French Ciso’s Association), HSD, ARMmbed, HackerOne, NIO Inc, Microsoft, TUV SUD GmbH, Applied Risk BV, Riscure, Audius GmbH, Schutzwerk GmbH, ZeroCopter
For more information, please visit: http://hardwear.io/